Why Purchase Clinic Coverage from CPG?
Why Purchase Clinic Coverage from NORCAL Mutualís CPG Program?
The coverage we offer you is designed to meet your unique needsjust ask any of the more than 230 community clinics currently participating in the program. In addition to providing coverage customized to fit you, we designed the program to provide:
- Aggressive, industry-leading claims handling
- Award-winning risk management programs and services
- Personal, online accounts allowing physicians to register for and complete continuing medical education (CME) courses
- Physician Administrative Defense (PAD) Coverage
- Optional FTCA Gap Coverage
- Optional General Liability Coverage and Prior Acts Coverage
Physician Administrative Defense (PAD) Coverage
The Physicians Administrative Defense (PAD) Coverage of the CPG program helps protect you, and your endorsed physicians and healthcare extenders and other employed and contracted licensed healthcare professionals while acting within the course and scope of their duties for you, against the financial impact of an administrative proceeding.
DataShield™ Information and Network Security Insurance Endorsement
Covers costs for:
- Information and network security liability
- Media liability
- Regulatory privacy proceedings and regulatory fines and penalties
- Customer notification and credit monitoring expenses
- Electronic data recovery and replacement expenses
To learn more about DataShield, click here.
Optional FTCA Gap Coverage
For federally funded clinics, the program offers optional FTCA Gap Coverage. Such clinics are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), but federal regulators can reject claims, leaving clinics potentially exposed to major liability risks. Our programís Gap Coverage provides medical professional liability coverage for claims, up to the policy limits (subject to policy terms and limits) for those claims that are excluded under the FTCA.
Gap Coverage also offers assistance in tendering FTCA claims to the government, including defense representation and payment of associated costs while the tender is being evaluated. The program is appropriately discounted for clinics covered by the FTCA.
NORCAL Mutualís claims experts provide you with the right defense attorney and expert witnesses. We protect your right to consent to settle any claim and provide uncapped defense costs (except DataShield Claims) to ensure the quality of defense is never compromised by financial expediency. All expenses incurred for claims defense are outside policy limits, preserving full coverage for potential indemnity payments.
Risk Management and Online CME
As a CPG program policyholder, you and your physicians can enjoy access to NORCAL Mutualís comprehensive risk management program:
- An award-winning CME program, available online.
- Around-the-clock risk management consultation services, including on-site assessments and recommendations on how to reduce exposures, both clinical and administrative.
- The monthly Claims Rx publication featuring articles to keep practitioners informed on crucial issues.
Every physician endorsed onto your policy can participate in MyCME, NORCAL Mutual's online CME program. With MyCME, users can go online to register for CME courses and track past CME activities; complete and submit Attestation and Evaluation Forms; quickly receive CME Certificates (instead of waiting a week or more); and enjoy the many other risk management resources unique to NORCAL Mutual.
MyCME is part of MyNORCAL, the password-protected, policyholder-only section of www.norcalmutual.com. To create a MyNORCAL Log-In account, the physician should call NORCAL Mutual Policyholder Services (877-443-7232) for assistance.
Once you have a MyNORCAL account, access online CME and Claims Rx by logging in to your MyNORCAL account, clicking Risk Solutions, then clicking Claims Rx & CME.